Youth Basketball Classes
Youth Basketball Classes
Ages 2 - 13
The Field House facility is home to two indoor hardwood courts and offers the perfect environment for players of any level. Classes for children ages 2 - 13 years focus on developing fundamental basketball skills at the individual and team level. Players are divided into small groups for the semester. All equipment is disinfected before and after each use.
Youth Class Cancellation/Refund Policy
- Chelsea Piers New York reserves the right to cancel a class due to insufficient registration, prior to, or following, the first class of the semester. Appropriate refunds will be granted.
- Requests for class fee refunds (not including a non-refundable reservation fee and the fee for any classes taken) will be considered through the first two weeks of the class.
- Fall/Winter/Spring classes: Refunds are not available for cancellations made after the second week of classes.
- Fall + Winter Classes: There is a non-refundable registration fee of $75 included in the cost of all youth classes at the Field House. Refunds, not including the registration fee, will be granted up to two weeks before each session begins. No refunds or credits will be offered during the summer sessions.
- All requests must be emailed to FHclasses@chelseapiers.com.
- Class fees are not transferable to another student.
- Students may transfer from one class to another during the semester if there is availability. Additional class fees may apply if there is a price differential between classes.
- Refunds are not available for absences, transportation delays, inclement weather, withdrawals, dismissals, strike/work stoppage, natural disaster, or reasons beyond the control of Chelsea Piers, that disrupt or force the cancellation of class.
- If for any reason your class/program is cancelled, delayed or interrupted due to Covid-19 and state/city mandates, etc. we reserve the right to issue prorated CREDITS ONLY. Credits can be applied to any Chelsea Piers New York program through June 30, 2022.
Trial classes are not available this semester.
Youth Class Make-up Policy
No make-ups are available for any Field House classes/programs, leagues, team practices, etc.
NEW Buddy and Me Basketball
Caring instructors guide each child though basic ball movements, focusing on coordination and agility, while building upon each lesson though out the semester. Caregiver participation is required.
MINI-DRIBBLERS ages 3-4
Our Mini-dribblers basketball class focuses on movement and active play to introduce students to the sport. Instructors utilize entertaining games and structured activities using the theme of basketball. Students will develop motor skills and build confidence in a fun and nurturing learning environment.
LITTLE DRIBBLERS 4 - 5 YEARS
Our Little-dribblers basketball class offers students a unique opportunity to develop skills in the sport. A step-up from its younger version of Mini-dribblers, students begin to learn the basics. Coaches use an age-appropriate development strategy focusing on introductory skills, drills, and fun challenges in a nurturing and entertaining environment.
EVOLUTION FUTURE STARS 5 - 7 YEARS (Invite Only)
This invite-only program focuses on preparing players ages 5-7 for our more advanced Evolution Rising Stars program. Utilizing a long-term development approach, players uncover their talents and learn the game at a more challenging level. Players are selected from classes, camps, and individual player evaluations by Evolution's senior coaching staff. Practice is once per week with a weekly secondary option for ages 6-7.
EVOLUTION RISING STARS 7 - 8 YEARS (Invite Only)
This pre-team invite-only program ages 7-8 focuses on preparing select players for Evolution, the competitive travel/AAU basketball program at Chelsea Piers. Rising Stars learn to push themselves through challenges, both physically and mentally, while building a strong sense of team spirit and competitiveness. Players are selected from classes, camps, and individual player evaluations by Evolution's senior coaching staff. Practice is twice per week.
Fall TIP-OFF 5 - 12 YEARS
Tip-off is an all-level skills-based basketball class that focuses on developing and broadening a student's basketball fundamentals. Our curriculum consists of 70% skill-based instruction, 20% modified-game instruction, and 10% full-court gameplay. Classes include a mix of challenges that emphasize effort, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
CP PLAYGROUND BASKETBALL 7 - 13 YEARS
CP Playground Basketball allows athletes of all levels the opportunity to supplement their basketball growth through supervised gameplay. Each week, coaches organize players into teams according to age and skill level and instruct as they play. This “game-only” approach to development creates a fun and authentic environment for players to implement new skills in a competitive setting.
BLUE CHIPS ACADEMY 7 - 13 YEARS
Blue Chips Academy is a game-based development program focused on providing players with a basketball team experience. Our curriculum will promote 30% skill-based instruction, 30% game-specific instruction, and 40% full 5 v 5 games. Each semester consists of an organized intra-squad tournament ending with championship play on the last day of the semester. This basketball academy is available for players of all levels.