Youth Dance Classes
Ages 5 - 8
Choose from Ballet, Tap or Hip-Hop (only available for 3-5 years) at the Field House at Chelsea Piers. With instruction meant to build creativity and skills in movement and rhythm, your child will love the chance to dance and move with friends at the Field House, Chelsea Piers.
If you would like to sign up for a trial class, please call the registration office at 212.336.6520. All trial classes are subject to availability. Trial classes are not available during the summer.
Ballet 5 - 7 years
Introductory ballet classes for children ages 5 to 7 years combine dance and rhythm games, props, imagery and storytelling, as well as basic ballet positions and movement. Through creative movement exploration, students enjoy the many physical and social benefits of group dance.
Just Dance 3 - 6 years
Through a wide array of activities students build a solid foundation of rhythm and musicality while being introduced to a variety of dance styles such as Ballet, Jazz, Hip-Hop and Modern.
Hip-Hop 3 - 8 years
This class allows students to express themselves in a creative environment. Starting with an energetic warm up, the instructors incorporates movement games, choreography and improvisation./p>
Youth Class Cancellation/Refund Policy
- Chelsea Piers New York reserves the right to cancel a class due to insufficient registration, prior to, or following, the first class of the semester. Appropriate refunds will be granted.
- Requests for class fee refunds (not including a non-refundable reservation fee and the fee for any classes taken) will be considered through Wednesday, September 23rd.
- The non-refundable reservation fee is $100 for all classes. If you signed up for a class before Monday, August 31, your credit will automatically be applied by September 8. Any remaining balances will be charged to the card on file on Wednesday, September 9.
- On Monday, August 31st you will be invoiced for your Fall class, and all credits will be automatically applied by Sept. 8th. Any remaining balances will be charged to the card on file on Wednesday, Sept 9th.
- Refunds are not available for cancellations made after the second week of classes starting Wednesday, September 23.
- All requests must be emailed to FHclasses@chelseapiers.com.
- Class fees are not transferable to another student.
- Students may transfer from one class to another during the semester if there is availability. Additional class fees may apply if there is a price differential between classes.
- Refunds are not available for absences, transportation delays, inclement weather, withdrawals, dismissals, strike/work stoppage, natural disaster, or reasons beyond the control of Chelsea Piers, that disrupt or force the cancellation of class.
- If for any reason your class/program is cancelled, delayed or interrupted due to Covid-19 and state/city mandates, etc. we reserve the right to issue prorated CREDITS ONLY. Credits can be applied to any Chelsea Piers New York program through December 31, 2021.
Trial classes are not available this semester.
Youth Class Make-up Policy
No make-ups are available for any Field House classes/programs, leagues, team practices, etc.