Youth Gymnastics Classes
Ages 5 - 16
Chelsea Piers Gymnastics is proud to offer New York City’s most diverse class offerings. Children are organized in groups according to gender, age and ability. Our dynamic staff guides each child’s progress as they participate in all of the Olympic events. A low student-to-teacher ratio ensures personal attention and maximizes safety.
Click here for a story on Chelsea Piers Gymnastics Team member Annalise who is training for the Olympic Games. Start your gymnastics journey with us.
Developmental Gymnastics 5 - 16 years
Instruction and practice of a range of basic skills on each apparatus. Students progress at their own pace with constructive feedback and positive encouragement. No previous experience or skill requirements.
While continuing to master basic skills, students are introduced to new skill challenges on each apparatus. Minimum requirements: Two semesters at the beginner level. Students who demonstrate mastery of at least three of the skills required for advanced are also considered for this level.
Having shown a level of mastery on a number of basic skills, students are introduced to more advanced skills. Minimum requirements: Backward roll, handstand forward roll, cartwheel, bridge kick over and pull over on the bars.
For advanced level students who have been pre-screened by our team coaches. This is the perfect class for students with the athletic talent and experience to become a competitive gymnast, but are unable to commit to a multiple day program. Minimum skill requirements: good round-off, back hip circle, front limber, back handspring, handstand on beam, under swing dismount.
Girls Olympic Events: vault, uneven parallel bars, trampoline, balance beam and floor exercise; Boys Olympic Events: floor exercise, pommel horse, still rings, vault, parallel bars, horizontal bar and trampoline
Hot Shots GIRLS 4-5 YEARS • BOYS 4.5 - 6 YEARS INVITE ONLY
Our Hot Shots program is designed to draw upon students’ natural abilities and enthusiasm for gymnastics. Our curriculum challenges students to develop a strong foundation and technique in gymnastics. Students are selected for this program by Chelsea Piers senior Coaching staff. *Two classes per week is recommended.
Xcel Team Program 8 - 15 years GIRLS INVITE ONLY
This program provides advanced level girls with competitive experiences. Team members train two days per week with an optional Sunday add-on. Gymnasts prepare skills for competition in USA Gymnastics' new Xcel Program. For more information regarding our Xcel Team Program, please call 212.336.6500 ext. 6575.
Rules & Regulations
Youth Class Cancellation/Refund Policy
- The Field House at Chelsea Piers reserves the right, prior to the first class or after, to cancel a class due to insufficient registration, with full refund.
- Class fees are non-transferable.
- Age determination for all Field House classes is the student's age at the time of the first class of the enrolled semester.
- All youth class fees at the Field House include a $75 non-refundable registration fee.
- Requests for refund of class fees will be considered through the third class of the Fall/Spring semesters. All requests must be submitted in writing. Refunds are not available after the third class or for students registering after the third class in the semester. Refund of the registration fee or classes prior to the date of notification will not be considered. If you are unsure of your enrollment, you may take a trial class when available.
- All summer youth class fees at the Field House include a $45 non-refundable registration fee.
- Requests for refund of class fees will be considered up to 2 weeks prior to the start of the class. All requests must be submitted in writing.
Trial classes are available for semester-based programs based on availability. Trial classes are not available during the first week of any semester and trial classes may not be reserved in advance. Trial classes range from $40-$50 depending on the specific class.
Youth Class Make-up Policy
The Field House offers two make-up classes for semester-based classes that are scheduled to meet 18 times during the semester, one make-up class for classes that meet between 13 and 15 times a semester and no make-up classes for classes that meet 10 or fewer times a semester. No make-ups are available for leagues or team practices. Students are required to pre-register for make-up classes through our Registration Office and enrollment is based on availability. We are not able to reschedule a make-up or offer makeups for missed make-up classes. Make-ups must be used during the spring semester.
PLEASE NOTE: Make-up classes are not offered for the Summer Session.
School Break Camps
Full payment must be received at the time of enrollment to secure your child's place in Camp. Refunds (less a $30/day deposit) will be granted up to one week prior to the first day of camp. After that day, no refunds will be granted for absences, transportation delays, inclement weather, withdrawals or dismissals. No make-up sessions are offered for days missed.