Youth Ninja Classes
Youth Ninja Classes
Ages 5 - 10+ years
These exciting and high-intensity classes incorporate the strength and coordination of gymnastics with the speed and concentration of ninja training. Classes includes basic tumbling, trampoline, introductory ninja activities, free-running and parkour. These classes are ideal for children who desire fun and exciting physical challenges!
What to expect from Chelsea Piers
New Health and Safety Procedures
New Directional Signage
Upon arrival, new signage will direct you and your family towards temporary entrances in order to follow social distancing protocols.
All adults and children who will be coming to the Chelsea Piers facility (dropping off and/or entering) should take their temperature prior to leaving their home. If the temperature of anyone in the family is of 100.4F or higher, we ask that you stay home.
For your safety, we will be conducting temperature checks on-site and will not be able to allow entrance to anyone with a temperature of 100.4F or higher.
If your child is more comfortable with a parent/guardian taking their temperature, a staff member will supervise that process.
Anyone who enters the Field House will have to complete a Daily Health Declaration Form.
To maximize safety and social distancing we ask that only one (1) parent or caregiver drop off children. Guardians are allowed to remain in the building for 15 minutes before the start of class. Strollers should be left outside.
Once your child is dropped off at class, we ask you to exit the Field House and view classes from outside on Sunset Strip. There may be limited social distance spaces available inside on the Mezzanines, but this is not guaranteed. Please discuss this new protocol in advance with your child.
Staff Health Protocols
All staff must complete a daily health survey before starting their shift which includes having their temperature taken and wearing protective face masks. Staff shall also practice enhanced handwashing and health practices, including covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the corner of the elbow and assisting children with increased handwashing and healthy practices throughout the day.
In compliance with CDC guidelines for youth sports, all athletes are required to wear a protective face covering and practice social distancing at all times and throughout Chelsea Piers facilities, except while engaged in strenuous activities. Please make sure to send your child to the Field House with a protective face covering and an extra face covering in their backpack or bag. Face coverings should be clearly marked with your child’s name.
Small groups of kids will be together with one (1) coach for the entire semester. As much as possible small groups are socially distant from each other.
Activities will be designed to provide sufficient spacing to allow for social distancing. Coaches will provide “hands on” instruction only when necessary to ensure safety.
We encourage social distancing within the group; however, contact with groupmates will be unavoidable.
Enhanced Disinfecting Procedures
For the safety and protection of our families and staff, our cleaning and maintenance protocol will continue to be maintained at the highest standard throughout the property. Our teams have increased the frequency of these processes, upgraded our supplies and disinfectants to comply with CDC guidelines and new industry standards, and increased the visibility and number of hand sanitizing stations. Chelsea Piers maintenance staff, coaches and counselors will also be responsible for wiping down and disinfecting any and all shared sports equipment between sessions throughout the day.
Limited Use of Locker Rooms and Controlling Restroom Occupancy
To prevent overcrowding in locker rooms and restrooms, we will limit occupancies. Locker rooms will be for changing-only at this time and a Chelsea Piers staff attendant will always monitor occupancy levels to comply with social distancing regulations.
In the event a child feels ill or shows symptoms of illness during their time at there will be a designated isolation room at each venue where the child will be escorted for their safety and the safety of others. As in normal circumstances, parents will be notified immediately to arrange for pick-up. A staff member will remain near the child for supervision.
Chelsea Piers will follow State and/or Board of Health requirements to support notification and contact tracing protocols.
Youth Class Cancellation/Refund Policy
- Chelsea Piers New York reserves the right to cancel a class due to insufficient registration, prior to, or following, the first class of the semester. Appropriate refunds will be granted.
- Requests for class fee refunds (not including a non-refundable reservation fee and the fee for any classes taken) will be considered through the first two weeks of the class.
- Refunds are not available for cancellations made after the second week of classes, which is April 19th for Spring classes.
- All requests must be emailed to FHclasses@chelseapiers.com.
- Class fees are not transferable to another student.
- Students may transfer from one class to another during the semester if there is availability. Additional class fees may apply if there is a price differential between classes.
- Refunds are not available for absences, transportation delays, inclement weather, withdrawals, dismissals, strike/work stoppage, natural disaster, or reasons beyond the control of Chelsea Piers, that disrupt or force the cancellation of class.
- If for any reason your class/program is cancelled, delayed or interrupted due to Covid-19 and state/city mandates, etc. we reserve the right to issue prorated CREDITS ONLY. Credits can be applied to any Chelsea Piers New York program through December 31, 2021.
Trial classes are not available this semester.
Youth Class Make-up Policy
No make-ups are available for any Field House classes/programs, leagues, team practices, etc.
GYMJITSU AGES 5 – 8
Gymjitsu incorporates the strength and coordination of gymnastics with the speed and concentration of ninja training. Class includes basic tumbling, trampoline and introductory ninja activities.
NINJA AGES 8 – 10+
This high intensity class combines tumbling, trampoline, parkour, free-running and ninja activities. This class is ideal for children who desire fun and exciting physical challenges.