Youth Running Clinic
YOUTH RUNNING AND FITNESS CLUB!
8 - 10 years
The objective of this club is to encourage girls and boys to enjoy the act of movement and exercise through running and basic cardiovascular activities. They learn and understand how to use their own body as a way of exercising. Club participants take away an understanding of perseverance, and determination built through the foundation of aerobic exercise. Wellness and self-esteem lessons are incorporated into this class in order to empower them as they enter into the adolescent stages of development.
It will be encouraged that each class participant enrolls in a 5k (or some type of race) near the end of each session. It is a great way to get the entire family involved!
As the club picks up momentum, we will continue adding sessions throughout the year. The goal is to make this a year round training program!
About the Instructor: Lindsay is the newest member of the Field House team. Aside from running our Avenues Physical Education Program, Lindsay is also teaching various classes at the Field House. In college, Lindsay was an accomplished NCAA Division 1 Cross Country and Track and Field athlete at The University of Maryland. Lindsay competed on varsity all four years. During her time she had many accomplishments including a top 10 place in ACC conferences, NCAA National qualifier, and a UMD school record for the 5K. She enjoyed a passion for all sports growing up, and began to flourish in track and field when she was in middle school. She ran to stay in shape for the other sports she was trying, and developed a love for running.
Youth Class Cancellation/Refund Policy
- Chelsea Piers New York reserves the right to cancel a class due to insufficient registration, prior to, or following, the first class of the semester. Appropriate refunds will be granted.
- Requests for class fee refunds (not including a non-refundable reservation fee and the fee for any classes taken) will be considered through Wednesday, September 23rd.
- The non-refundable reservation fee is $100 for all classes. A $25 non-refundable fee to hold your spot and $75 when the balance is charged.
- On Monday, August 31st you will be invoiced for your Fall class. You have until Friday, September 4th to use your Chelsea Piers credits. All balances will be charged on Friday, September 4th.
- Refunds are not available for cancellations made after the second week of classes starting Wednesday, September 23rd.
- All requests must be emailed to FHclasses@chelseapiers.com.
- Class fees are not transferable to another student.
- Students may transfer from one class to another during the semester if there is availability. Additional class fees may apply if there is a price differential between classes.
- Refunds are not available for absences, transportation delays, inclement weather, withdrawals, dismissals, strike/work stoppage, natural disaster, or reasons beyond the control of Chelsea Piers, the disrupt or force the cancellation of class.
Trail classes are not available this semester.
Youth Class Make-up Policy
No make-ups are available for any Field House classes/programs, leagues, team practices, etc.