Youth Running Clinic
Youth Running Clinic
YOUTH RUNNING AND FITNESS CLUB!
7 - 11 years
The objective of this club is to encourage girls and boys to enjoy the act of movement and exercise through running and basic cardiovascular activities. They learn and understand how to use their own body as a way of exercising. Club participants take away an understanding of perseverance, and determination built through the foundation of aerobic exercise. Wellness and self-esteem lessons are incorporated into this class in order to empower them as they enter into the adolescent stages of development.
As the club picks up momentum, we will continue adding sessions throughout the year. The goal is to make this a year round training program!
About the Instructor: In college, Lindsay was an accomplished NCAA Division 1 Cross Country and Track and Field athlete at The University of Maryland. Lindsay competed on varsity all four years. During her time she had many accomplishments including a top 10 place in ACC conferences, NCAA National qualifier, and a UMD school record for the 5K. She enjoyed a passion for all sports growing up, and began to flourish in track and field when she was in middle school. She ran to stay in shape for the other sports she was trying, and developed a love for running.
Fall: September 14 - November 2, 2022
TO ENROLL: Click on desired class name.
Youth Running Club
Class will be held outdoors utilizing the track at Chelsea Piers Fitness in case of rain. Drop-off and Pick-up will still be at the Field House.
|Youth Running Club, 8 weeks (Sept. 14 - Nov. 2)||$439|
Youth Class Cancellation/Refund Policy
- Chelsea Piers New York reserves the right to cancel a class due to insufficient registration, prior to, or following, the first class of the semester. Appropriate refunds will be granted.
- Requests for class fee refunds (not including a non-refundable reservation fee and the fee for any classes taken) will be considered through the first two weeks of the class.
- Fall/Winter/Spring classes: Refunds are not available for cancellations made after the second week of classes.
- Fall + Winter Classes: There is a non-refundable registration fee of $75 included in the cost of all youth classes at the Field House. Refunds, not including the registration fee, will be granted up to two weeks before each session begins. No refunds or credits will be offered during the summer sessions.
- All requests must be emailed to FHclasses@chelseapiers.com.
- Class fees are not transferable to another student.
- Students may transfer from one class to another during the semester if there is availability. Additional class fees may apply if there is a price differential between classes.
- Refunds are not available for absences, transportation delays, inclement weather, withdrawals, dismissals, strike/work stoppage, natural disaster, or reasons beyond the control of Chelsea Piers, that disrupt or force the cancellation of class.
- If for any reason your class/program is cancelled, delayed or interrupted due to Covid-19 and state/city mandates, etc. we reserve the right to issue prorated CREDITS ONLY. Credits can be applied to any Chelsea Piers New York program through June 30, 2022.
Trial classes are not available this semester.
Youth Class Make-up Policy
No make-ups are available for any Field House classes/programs, leagues, team practices, etc.