Youth Running Clinic
YOUTH RUNNING AND FITNESS CLUB!
8 - 10 years
The objective of this club is to encourage girls and boys to enjoy the act of movement and exercise through running and basic cardiovascular activities. They learn and understand how to use their own body as a way of exercising. Club participants take away an understanding of perseverance, and determination built through the foundation of aerobic exercise. Wellness and self-esteem lessons are incorporated into this class in order to empower them as they enter into the adolescent stages of development.
It will be encouraged that each class participant enrolls in a 5k (or some type of race) near the end of each session. It is a great way to get the entire family involved!
As the club picks up momentum, we will continue adding sessions throughout the year. The goal is to make this a year round training program!
About the Instructor: Lindsay is the newest member of the Field House team. Aside from running our Avenues Physical Education Program, Lindsay is also teaching various classes at the Field House. In college, Lindsay was an accomplished NCAA Division 1 Cross Country and Track and Field athlete at The University of Maryland. Lindsay competed on varsity all four years. During her time she had many accomplishments including a top 10 place in ACC conferences, NCAA National qualifier, and a UMD school record for the 5K. She enjoyed a passion for all sports growing up, and began to flourish in track and field when she was in middle school. She ran to stay in shape for the other sports she was trying, and developed a love for running.
Rules & Regulations
Youth Class Cancellation/Refund Policy
- The Field House at Chelsea Piers reserves the right, prior to the first class or after, to cancel a class due to insufficient registration, with full refund.
- Class fees are non-transferable.
- Age determination for all Field House classes is the student's age at the time of the first class of the enrolled semester.
- All youth class fees at the Field House include a $75 non-refundable registration fee.
- Requests for refund of class fees will be considered through the third class of the Fall/Spring semesters. All requests must be submitted in writing. Refunds are not available after the third class or for students registering after the third class in the semester. Refund of the registration fee or classes prior to the date of notification will not be considered. If you are unsure of your enrollment, you may take a trial class when available.
- All summer youth class fees at the Field House include a $45 non-refundable registration fee.
- Requests for refund of class fees will be considered up to 2 weeks prior to the start of the class. All requests must be submitted in writing.
Trial classes are available for semester-based programs based on availability. Trial classes are not available during the first week of any semester and trial classes may not be reserved in advance. Trial classes range from $40-$50 depending on the specific class.
Youth Class Make-up Policy
The Field House offers two make-up classes for semester-based classes that are scheduled to meet 18 times during the semester, one make-up class for classes that meet between 13 and 15 times a semester and no make-up classes for classes that meet 10 or fewer times a semester. No make-ups are available for leagues or team practices. Students are required to pre-register for make-up classes through our Registration Office and enrollment is based on availability. We are not able to reschedule a make-up or offer makeups for missed make-up classes. Make-ups must be used during the spring semester.
PLEASE NOTE: Make-up classes are not offered for the Summer Session.
School Break Camps
Full payment must be received at the time of enrollment to secure your child's place in Camp. Refunds (less a $30/day deposit) will be granted up to one week prior to the first day of camp. After that day, no refunds will be granted for absences, transportation delays, inclement weather, withdrawals or dismissals. No make-up sessions are offered for days missed.