Little Athletes Soccer
Ages 2 - 5
The Field House Little Athletes soccer program is age-appropriate and designed to meet the physical, social and developmental ability of children age 2-5 years. The same coaches who teach our highest level athletes also teach our youngest soccer stars. All classes introduce children to the fundamentals of the sport of soccer as well as a foundation in working as a team.
Children must be potty-trained.
Micro-Soccer | TIKES 2 - 3 years
Parent or caregiver participation required.
This dynamic class is designed for our smallest of soccer stars and aims to introduce toddlers to the game of soccer and the joy of movement in a supportive and nurturing environment. Children are also given the tools and experience to separate from their parents and enter our Spikes program.
Micro-Soccer | SPIKES 3 - 5 years
Micro-Soccer Spikes is a fast-paced, energetic program that gives preschoolers the opportunity to run and play while they improve muscle coordination and learn the concepts of teamwork and cooperation. Micro-Soccer Spikes features a variety of fun lessons and exercises designed to familiarize the young player with the game of soccer. Classes are divided into smaller age groups allowing coaches to utilize age and level-appropriate teaching tools.
Flip-N-Kick 3 - 5 years
This exciting class combines the strength, flexibility and upper body development of gymnastics with the coordination, speed and agility of soccer. Students learn the basics of both sports while engaging in total body development. Class consists of 45 minutes of soccer activities, games and skill-development combined with 45 minutes of gymnastics basics and neuromuscular development. For online sign up please use gymnastics.
Micro-Sports 3 - 5 years
Preschoolers are introduced to a variety of sports including soccer, rock climbing, tee ball, tennis, basketball and field games while focusing on the fun of movement, teamwork, sportsmanship and muscle coordination.
Rules & Regulations
Youth Class Cancellation/Refund Policy
- The Field House at Chelsea Piers reserves the right, prior to the first class or after, to cancel a class due to insufficient registration, with full refund.
- Class fees are non-transferable.
- Age determination for all Field House classes is the student's age at the time of the first class of the enrolled semester.
- All youth class fees at the Field House include a $75 non-refundable registration fee.
- Requests for refund of class fees will be considered through the third class of the Fall/Spring semesters. All requests must be submitted in writing. Refunds are not available after the third class or for students registering after the third class in the semester. Refund of the registration fee or classes prior to the date of notification will not be considered. If you are unsure of your enrollment, you may take a trial class when available.
- All summer youth class fees at the Field House include a $45 non-refundable registration fee.
- Requests for refund of class fees will be considered up to 2 weeks prior to the start of the class. All requests must be submitted in writing.
Trial classes are available for semester-based programs based on availability. Trial classes are not available during the first week of any semester and trial classes may not be reserved in advance. Trial classes range from $40-$50 depending on the specific class.
Youth Class Make-up Policy
The Field House offers two make-up classes for semester-based classes that are scheduled to meet 18 times during the semester, one make-up class for classes that meet between 13 and 15 times a semester and no make-up classes for classes that meet 10 or fewer times a semester. No make-ups are available for leagues or team practices. Students are required to pre-register for make-up classes through our Registration Office and enrollment is based on availability. We are not able to reschedule a make-up or offer makeups for missed make-up classes. Make-ups must be used during the spring semester.
PLEASE NOTE: Make-up classes are not offered for the Summer Session.
School Break Camps
Full payment must be received at the time of enrollment to secure your child's place in Camp. Refunds (less a $30/day deposit) will be granted up to one week prior to the first day of camp. After that day, no refunds will be granted for absences, transportation delays, inclement weather, withdrawals or dismissals. No make-up sessions are offered for days missed.