Frequently Asked Questions
If any member of our community learns they have tested positive for COVID-19, and it's been within 14 days since their last visit to Chelsea Piers:
- Call or email us to let us know immediately. Any information shared will be confidential and only used to assist with contact tracing purposes.
- Chelsea Piers will initiate outreach to determine if there was direct contact with any other member of our community.
Your timely notice is of the highest importance. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
|Chelsea Piers Fitness: Chelseaemail@example.com||212.336.6000|
|Chelsea Piers Fitness: Brooklynfirstname.lastname@example.org||718.407.6400|
Current NY State COVID Protocols
- As of April 10, asymptomatic travelers will no longer be required to quarantine after entering New York.
- In accordance with the CDC’s new guidance on mask use, fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear masks indoors or outdoors, except in certain crowded settings and venues.
- All vaccinated members of our community should have proof of vaccination available to show our staff when asked.
- If you have been on quarantine due to contact with someone known to have COVID-19:
- A negative test does NOT release you from quarantine.
- It is essential to wait 10 days full days to make sure that no infection appears, even if you have no symptoms, before being released from quarantine.
- Quarantine should last 10 days from the last exposure to a person with known COVID-19.
- In addition, you should continue to monitor yourself for any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 for up to 14 days after that last exposure.
- Effective 5/19/2021, we are no longer required to maintain a reduced capacity at our NYC facilities.
- All members must continue to check-in and check out of the club via the app at our scanning station.
- We have rearranged or removed equipment and seating in our shared spaces to ensure proper spacing for effective social distancing.
- Staff is positioned throughout the club to monitor shared spaces, and signage is posted to remind members to adhere to current social distancing guidelines.
- For safety reasons, until further notice, a 6ft. distance must be maintained between all members of our community and hands-on corrections are prohibited, even if you are of the same household.
Effective 5/19/2021 we are no longer performing health checks on our members upon arrival. Proof of vaccination will be required effective 9/3/2021.
- Effective 5/24/2021, masks are optional for fully vaccinated members of our community. Unvaccinated members must continue to wear masks until further notice.
- Effective 10/1/2021, all members and guests must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to enter our NYC facilities.
When we first reopen, certain areas of the club will remain closed until we are given permission to reopen them by state and local agencies. The following areas will be closed until further notice (updated 8/4/2021):
- Family Day (Chelsea)
- Our cafes are now open for indoor dining at a limited capacity.
- Cafe and lounge seating will be available, however, we encourage members to be considerate of our capacity restrictions and not linger past their reservation time block.
- We will have modified hours of operation during this reopening phase. You can view up-to-date hours of operation for your home club here.
Chelsea Piers will take every precaution to provide its community with a safe environment that limits the risk of infection. Members of our community are asked to self-report if they test positive for COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone who tests positive. Click here to view the full Chelsea Piers Covid-19 policy.
- Our staff cleans and disinfects all high touch surfaces frequently throughout the day, but it will remain crucial for our members to clean all machines and surfaces before and after each use.
- Our staff will clean and disinfect all studios and shared equipment after group fitness classes, once we are permitted to run classes.
- The facility is deep cleaned every night.
We are using all EPA certified, CDC recommended disinfectants.
- EcoLab 57
- Clorox Hydrogen Peroxide Wipes
- ABC Extra Wipes
- Our HVAC systems operate in conformance with NYS guidelines.
- Air handling units are equipped with the proper filters, UVc lights and modification to automatic controls for fresh air exchanges.
- Effective 8/9/2021, members must be fully vaccinated in order to participate in indoor Group Fitness classes in our New York City studios.
- As of March 22, 2021, Group Fitness classes are now permitted indoors at a reduced capacity.
- We are running outdoor Group Fitness classes available to all members on the sundecks at our Chelsea club (register in the app), as well as outdoor off-site classes in several locations around the city. Click here to view the off-site schedule.
- Personal Trainers and their clients will maintain 6ft. of distance at all times during sessions.
- Personal Trainers and their clients will follow all mask protocols. Effective 5/24/2021 masks are optional for all fully vaccinated members of our community.
- At this time spotting and hands-on adjustments are not permitted.
We understand your concerns regarding some of the club amenities you are accustomed to using not being available upon our reopening. We will try our best to get them up and running as quickly and safely as possible. While we will not be amending dues at this time, here are some new areas that your membership dues will be going towards.
- For the time being, all memberships have been upgraded to All-Access so that you may enjoy the benefits of both clubs during this reopening phase.
- Cleaning - We have hired additional maintenance staff to ensure that all areas of the club are frequently cleaned and disinfected.
- Air Quality - We've improved our air quality by adding UV light systems to the HVAC units throughout the club and upgrading our air filters to hospital grade which are rated to remove particles as small as a virus.
- Touchless Experience - We have added touchless faucets in our locker rooms
- Your 19-day credit will begin on September 2, 2020, and normal billing will resume on September 21, 2020 charging you a prorated amount for the remainder of the month of September.
- Normal billing of your full monthly dues will resume on October 1, 2020.
- If you wish freeze your membership and not resume billing on September 21, requests must be put in by Thursday, September 17, 2020. You can request a freeze on your membership by filling out the form found here.