Ages 6 - 15
The Junior Cyclones Development program is designed for players who are not quite ready to participate at league level play. In this instructional program, young players are introduced to the fundamental skills of hockey in a fun and positive learning environment. The curriculum is based on skill-intensive drills modified to meet the needs of beginners. On Saturdays, players are divided into small groups with one coach and work to develop game-level experience and prepare them for the Cyclones travel program. Groups remain the same for the entire season to limit cross-over and practice safe social distance.
- Expanded, skill-intensive curriculum
- Cross-ice teams are divided by playing ability
- Low player-to-coach ratio 10:1
- Fun playing environment modified to meet the needs of young players
- Structured, carefully-planned practices, ensuring little down time
- Player progression to higher skill levels as they develop and improve throughout the season
- Goal of progression over the course of the season in order to move players to a higher level of skill development
- All coaches and players must adhere to social distancing requirements and wear face masks at all times.
JUNIOR CYCLONES SCHEDULE
SPRING SESSION: March 15, 2021 – June 16, 2021
- Elbow Pads
- Neck Guard
- Shoulder Pads
- Hockey Pants
- Hockey Gloves
- Garter Belt
- Mouth Guard
- Hockey Socks
- Shin Guards
- Helmet with Full Face Mask
- Hockey Tape
- Hockey Skates
- Pelvic Protector (Girls)
- Athletic Supporter & Cup (Boys)
- Water Bottle
What to Expect
We look forward to welcoming you to Sky Rink for select programming. Please take note of the new health & safety protocols we have in place.
A check-in process that complies with the safety guidelines recommended by the CDC and mandated by NYC/NY State, including:
- A daily temperature check (per CDC guidelines, temperature must be under 100.4F) and completion of a short health self-assessment survey.
- 6-foot queuing and one-way traffic flows.
- Adults and program participants are required to wear face masks during check-in and check-out.
- A Social Responsibility Waiver must be filled out prior to your participation in Chelsea Piers programming, and a daily health declaration is required prior to entering the Sky Rink.
Clean, Safe and Friendly
- Sky Rink staff is committed to ongoing cleaning, disinfecting and monitoring of social distancing throughout the facility.
- The Chelsea Piers staff thoroughly cleaned and disinfected the entire rink during the closure period.
- During our phased reopening, Sky Rink will operate at reduced capacity to comply with NY State social distancing mandates and best practices. Only pre-registered program participants are allowed in Sky Rink to prevent congregating in public areas. We will allow one spectator per skater (all spectators must watch from the bleacher markers).
- Equipment will be thoroughly cleaned hourly/in-between sessions, for the safety of the staff and program participants.
- All CP Employees and Coaches will wear face masks. Participants must wear face masks while in Sky Rink; masks can only be removed during approved activities where strenuous activity is required (ice hockey sessions only).
- Plexi-glass has been installed at our front desk and registration desk for the protection of our staff and visitors.
- Learn more about the Chelsea Piers Safety-First Commitment
Additional Safety Measures
- All equipment and plexi-glass will be wiped down between sessions.
- All skaters must enter through the Main Entrance at Sky Rink through the Check-In tent in the parking lot.
- All skaters must exit through either the designated exits in the East Rink and West Rink.
- The washing of hands and/ or use of hand sanitizer is required between sessions.
- Please follow one-way navigation signs and maintain 6-foot queuing during check-in and check-out.
- There is limited locker room access; please come dressed to practice. Restrooms will be open with limited capacity.
- All youth skaters must come to the rink dressed (excluding helmets, gloves, and skates).
- We suggest you bring a water bottle from home as water fountains will be available for bottle filling only. Per State guidelines, water bottles cannot be shared.
- Ice Dancing, Pair Skating and contact coaching is not be allowed on Freestyle sessions at this time.
- Music box and iPod cables are available for use; please clean with the disinfectant wipes provided before and after each use.
- All bags must be removed from locker rooms and be placed in designated bag storage areas marked at the East and West Rinks.
- Skaters must arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before the scheduled session.
- Skaters must exit the facility no later than 15 minutes after the conclusion of their session.
- Congregation in the lobby, common areas, and parking lot is strictly prohibited.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation! For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: There is no parking available at Pier 59.