Youth Skating School
Youth Skating School
Sky Rink Skating School follows the Learn to Skate USA curriculum. All classes are taught by our professional coaching staff, which includes former national and international champions, as well as Olympic competitors. Classes are divided according to age and ability level using a progressive, group-based format. All students are evaluated during the first two weeks of the semester and are placed in the appropriate class based on their ability.
Note: The Learn to Skate Annual Membership runs from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022. The $20 membership fee is required for all Skating School skaters.
Children Age 4
Our youngest students learn how to stand and balance on their own, as well as the basics of forward and backwards skating. Classes consist of 30 minutes of on-ice instruction. Helmets are required and provided for each student.CURRICULUM
Children Ages 5-17
Children participate in a 60 minute on-ice group classes once a week, on the day of your choice, for the semester. Classes are divided according to ability level. Skate and helmet rental is included.CURRICULUM
Class Cancellation/Refund Policy
- Chelsea Piers New York reserves the right to cancel a class due to insufficient registration, prior to, or following, the first class of the semester. Appropriate refunds will be granted.
- All requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Class fees are not transferable to another student.
- Students may transfer from one class to another during the semester if there is availability. Additional class fees may apply if there is a price differential between classes.
- Refunds are not available for absences, transportation delays, inclement weather, withdrawals, dismissals, strike/work stoppage, natural disaster, or reasons beyond the control of Chelsea Piers, the disrupt or force the cancellation of class.
- If for any reason your class/program is cancelled, delayed or interrupted due to Covid-19 and state/city mandates, etc. we reserve the right to issue prorated CREDITS ONLY. Credits can be applied to any Chelsea Piers New York program through December 31, 2021.
For Adult Skating School classes, please click here.
Please email our Skating School team at email@example.com.