What to Expect
We look forward to welcoming you to Sky Rink for select programming. Please take note of the new health & safety protocols we have in place.
A check-in process that complies with the safety guidelines recommended by the CDC and mandated by NYC/NY State, including:
- A daily temperature check (per CDC guidelines, temperature must be under 100.4F) and completion of a short health self-assessment survey.
- 6-foot queuing and one-way traffic flows.
- Adults and program participants are required to wear face masks during check-in and check-out.
- A Social Responsibility Waiver must be filled out prior to your participation in Chelsea Piers programming, and a daily health declaration is required prior to entering the Sky Rink.
Clean, Safe and Friendly
- Sky Rink staff is committed to ongoing cleaning, disinfecting and monitoring of social distancing throughout the facility.
- The Chelsea Piers staff thoroughly cleaned and disinfected the entire rink during the closure period.
- During our phased reopening, Sky Rink will operate at reduced capacity to comply with NY State social distancing mandates and best practices. Only pre-registered program participants are allowed in Sky Rink to prevent congregating in public areas. We will allow one spectator per skater (all spectators must watch from the bleacher markers).
- Equipment will be thoroughly cleaned hourly/in-between sessions, for the safety of the staff and program participants.
- All CP Employees and Coaches will wear face masks. Participants must wear face masks while in Sky Rink; masks can only be removed during approved activities where strenuous activity is required (ice hockey sessions only).
- Plexi-glass has been installed at our front desk and registration desk for the protection of our staff and visitors.
- Learn more about the Chelsea Piers Safety-First Commitment
Additional Safety Measures
- All equipment and plexi-glass will be wiped down between sessions.
- All skaters must enter through the Main Entrance at Sky Rink through the Check-In tent in the parking lot.
- All skaters must exit through either the designated exits in the East Rink and West Rink.
- The washing of hands and/ or use of hand sanitizer is required between sessions.
- Please follow one-way navigation signs and maintain 6-foot queuing during check-in and check-out.
- There is limited locker room access; please come dressed to practice. Restrooms will be open with limited capacity.
- All youth skaters must come to the rink dressed (excluding helmets, gloves, and skates).
- We suggest you bring a water bottle from home as water fountains will be available for bottle filling only. Per State guidelines, water bottles cannot be shared.
- Ice Dancing, Pair Skating and contact coaching is not be allowed on Freestyle sessions at this time.
- Music box and iPod cables are available for use; please clean with the disinfectant wipes provided before and after each use.
- All bags must be removed from locker rooms and be placed in designated bag storage areas marked at the East and West Rinks.
- Skaters must arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before the scheduled session.
- Skaters must exit the facility no later than 15 minutes after the conclusion of their session.
- Congregation in the lobby, common areas, and parking lot is strictly prohibited.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation! For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: There is no parking available at Pier 59.