As you know, Chelsea Piers is taking every precaution to limit the exposure and transmission of Covid-19 at Chelsea Piers. We are also committed to keeping our community advised of any potential health risks.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If any member of our community learns they have tested positive for COVID-19, and it's been within 14 days since their last visit to Chelsea Piers:
- Call or email us to let us know immediately. Any information shared will be confidential and only used to assist with contact tracing purposes.
- Chelsea Piers will initiate outreach to determine if there was direct contact with any other member of our community.
Your timely notice is of the highest importance. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
|Chelsea Piers Fitness: Chelseafirstname.lastname@example.org||212.336.6000|
|Chelsea Piers Fitness: Brooklynemail@example.com||718.407.6400|
|Chelsea Piers Managementfirstname.lastname@example.org||212.336.6666|
Pursuant to the requirements set forth in New York's Executive Order 205.2, anyone who has traveled out of state (not including New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont or Pennsylvania), will need to sign an Attestation Form confirming that they have adhered to the state's quarantine and/or testing requirements, OR they agree to self-isolate/quarantine for 10 days. Visitors will attest to:
- They obtained a COVID-19 test within three days of departure from the travelled state; and
- They quarantined for three days upon returning to New York from the travelled state; and
- On day 4 of their quarantine,they obtained another COVID-19 test; and
- Both of the COVID-19 tests above came back negative, and they submitted the Travel Health Form as required by this executive; and
- If they traveled out of New York State for under 24 hours, they submitted the Traveler Health Form as required by this executive order.
Chelsea Piers is committed to providing the safest, healthiest and cleanest environment possible for our community. Our operating procedures are consistent with New York State and New York City regulations governing fitness clubs, indoor sports and recreation, summer camps, daycare centers and events. In addition, we are following regulations and best practices developed by the CDC.
Our stringent protocols include limiting capacities, requiring reservations and pre-registration, mandatory face coverings at all times (including while participating in sports and working out), social distancing and health checks. We have always, and will continue to use, hospital-grade cleaners on the EPA list N-certified to kill COVID-19 to clean our facilities and have increased the frequency of our cleaning throughout the day. Our HVAC systems bring in large volumes of fresh air from the outside. In addition, our filtration systems use hospital grade air filters and UV ionization systems that actively seek out and destroy both bacteria and viruses.
Everyone who enters a Chelsea Piers venue is required to complete online a mandatory Daily Health Declaration ("DHD") before each visit to confirm they are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, nor have they come in contact with someone who is experiencing symptoms. If under age 18, a legal guardian will need to sign.
All employees, members, program participants and parents/guardians are required to complete a mandatory Daily Health Declaration online before each visit to Chelsea Piers. If under age 18, a legal guardian will need to sign the Health Declaration for their child. In addition, a Chelsea Piers team member will take your temperature upon entrance. We recommend taking your own temperature prior to arriving. If you have a fever over 100F you will not be allowed to enter the facility.
For the safety of our community, if you can answer YES to any of the questions below, please do not enter Chelsea Piers
- Do you currently have COVID-19 symptoms or have you had any in the last 10 days?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days?
- Are you waiting for the results of a diagnostic COVID-19 test? If you have had a test because of symptoms and/or positive contact, while awaiting the result of your test, you should self-quarantine and may not enter the facility.
- Have you been in close* contact with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case in the past 14 days? *Per the CDC, a close contact is someone who was within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes starting from 48 hours before illness onset until the time the patient is isolated.
- Within the last 14 days, have you returned from a state or country on the New York State Travel Advisory List?
Members and program participants will receive an email the morning of your reservation with a unique link to sign your declaration. Using this link will make check-in seamless. Once you receive the DHD link, you can save it for future use.
If you have forgotten to complete the Daily Health Declaration before coming to Chelsea Piers you can access the form via QR code in the lobby.
For the safety of our community, and in accordance with NY State and NY City guidelines, parents/guardians are required to wear a protective face covering during drop-off and pick-up and at all times while in Chelsea Piers. All athletes must wear a face mask during check-in and check-out and throughout their stay at Chelsea Piers, including while participating in a sport or working out at Chelsea Piers Fitness. Per State Guidelines, coaches and instructors are required to wear masks at all times.
Please prepare a refillable water bottle at home for your child. Make sure your athlete's name is clearly marked on the bottle. Drinking fountains will not be available for use. Per State Guidelines water bottles cannot be shared.
Players should arrive at Chelsea Piers dressed and ready to play. Locker rooms will not be available. No bags are to be left in the lobby or common areas.
ARRIVAL + DEPARTURE:
To maintain safe capacities and social distancing, we ask that you not arrive at Chelsea Piers more than 20 minutes prior to your reservation or program start time. Congregating in the lobby, common areas, or parking lot is not allowed.
To keep building capacity low and ensure the safety of our community, only one spectator will be allowed per athlete. Parents remain on site to watch their child must:
- Stay in designated viewing areas, at a safe distance from athletes and other Chelsea Piers customers/activities
- Wear a mask at all times.
- Abide by all social distancing rules.
- We ask that parents/ guardians not bring children who are not competing into the facility.
Chelsea Piers reserves the right to limit the number of spectators on site if concerns with social distancing or capacity arise.
We take your safety seriously. COVID-19 is often spread through poorly ventilated spaces, so we have focused on improving our HVAC systems. Our systems have the capability to bring in large volumes of fresh air, and by increasing the amount of fresh air being introduced to the systems each minute, the amount of recirculated air is also reduced. In addition, our filtration systems use hospital grade air filters along with UV ionization systems that actively seek out and destroy both bacteria and viruses. With these enhancements as well as other safety measures, including requiring masks, consistent cleaning and disinfecting, reduced capacities and social distancing, we are confident that is safe to work out and play sports at Chelsea Piers.
At this time, we are following state guidelines, which do not require asymptomatic individuals who have not been in contact with a known case of COVID-19 be tested. We have, however, implemented the following staff safety protocols:
- Everyone who enters Chelsea Piers, including all staff, are required to complete a Daily Health Declaration prior to accessing Chelsea Piers confirming they are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, nor have they come in contact with someone who is experiencing symptoms.
- All employees will stay home if they are not feeling well.
- All staff will have their temperature taken before starting their shift. Chelsea Piers will restrict access to anyone with a temperature over 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- All staff, including coaches and instructors, will wear masks throughout their shifts.
- All coaches and instructors will maintain safe social distancing from athletes while coaching and teaching.
Per NY State guidelines, to maximize safety for all members of our community and ensure social distancing, we have reduced capacities by 50%. In order to maintain control over our capacities, access to the Golf Club and Chelsea Piers Fitness is by reservation only.
Updated January 1, 2021
Refund Policy for the following programming:
- Spring 2020 Holiday Camps
- Field House Programs that would have started in April 2020
- Cancelled Preschool/Junior 2020 Summer Camps
- 2020 Summer Camp Transportation and After-care Deposits
As you know, Chelsea Piers closed its operations on Friday, March 13, 2020 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Given the sudden closure, Chelsea Piers was not in a position to respond to refund requests.
On April 22, 2020, we issued credits to customers that can be used at any Chelsea Piers New York owned and operated business through December 31, 2021. In most cases, our customers have understood that our actions were guided by an economic shutdown of our business that made refunds at that time impossible and accepted the credits.
We had initially hoped to start processing these refunds by January 2021, however, it is not yet financially feasible to do so. While many of our business were able to reopen over the summer, we have been operating with significantly limited enrollment and reduced capacities in our facilities, in strict compliance with state and city regulations and in the interest of the safety and welfare of our entire community.
It could take 6-18 months before we return to "business as usual." In the meantime, we will continue to build a reserve fund over the next six months that will be used for outstanding refunds for the camp and spring programming noted in this update. For those who agree to accept credits in lieu of refunds, we are very grateful. For those who are in need of the refund, we understand and appreciate your continued patience.
Chelsea Piers team members are available by email and phone to discuss your special event's needs. While we are currently not able to host in-person events greater than 25, we are accepting long-term bookings for 2021 for wedding, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs and other larger events. While we still have state restrictions, we are offering virtual team building events; please email email@example.com to learn more.