Adult Hockey Prep
Adult Hockey Prep
The Adult Hockey Prep program is for skaters who have some skating experience and are new to the game of hockey. The goal of this class is to develop the skills necessary to participate in league play. Players are introduced to the skills and fundamentals required for hockey. All instruction is provided by Sky Rink’s professional coaching staff.
Required, but not provided equipment includes a helmet with a full face cage or full face visor and shoulder pads, gloves, hockey pants, shin pads, hockey socks, elbow pads, stick, jersey.
There is a 20-minute skating skills warm up followed by three 20-minute instructional stations; Skating, Shooting and Passing, and Stick Handling.
- Proper stance, weight transfer, stopping, edging and direction changes
- Shooting, passing, stick-handling and puck possession skills
- Basic positional play and offensive/defensive responsibilities
Masks are required on and off the ice.
Class Cancellation/Refund Policy
- Chelsea Piers New York reserves the right to cancel a class due to insufficient registration, prior to, or following, the first class of the semester. Appropriate refunds will be granted.
- All requests must be emailed to email@example.com.
- Class fees are not transferable to another student.
- Students may transfer from one class to another during the semester if there is availability. Additional class fees may apply if there is a price differential between classes.
- Refunds are not available for absences, transportation delays, inclement weather, withdrawals, dismissals, strike/work stoppage, natural disaster, or reasons beyond the control of Chelsea Piers, the disrupt or force the cancellation of class.
- If for any reason your class/program is cancelled, delayed or interrupted due to Covid-19 and state/city mandates, etc. we reserve the right to issue prorated CREDITS ONLY. Credits can be applied to any Chelsea Piers New York program through December 31, 2021.