Get fit, build skills, have fun. Our gym is equipped with in-ground trampolines, foam-filled safety pits, and spring-floors for a total body workout. Classes are offered year-round. Classes always begin with a warm-up routine and stretches. All levels welcome. For a breakdown on the class, view the class description tab below.
All classes are 75 minutes.
Late arrivals will not be permitted into class after the first 15 minutes. Participants must be 17 years or older. You must create an account prior to your first class and reserve your spot by 12:00pm on the day of the class. You will be able to enter the building 15 minutes prior to your class time.
Adult Gymnastics must be fully vaccinated to participate in class. Masks must still be worn in all Field House common areas regardless of vaccination status.
Note: Participants must register in advance and fill out all waivers and their Daily Health Declaration form before attending class. No drop-ins allowed at this time.
First-timers? Click here to read a first-hand account of a class!
Instructor Schedules Subject to change.
Online registration is required. No drop-ins allowed at this time.
TUMBLING (All Levels)
This class starts with a group warm-up and stretch, followed by basic tumbling drills (such as rolls and handstands). The class is then split into two groups:
- Beginner students require no prior gymnastics/tumbling experience
- Intermediate / Advanced students must at least be able to do either a front or back-handspring without a spot.
All classes end with a short cool-down period.
Apparatus (All Levels)
After a group warm-up and stretch, which may include basic tumbling (rolls or handstands), students can choose to receive instruction on various gymnastics equipment (Pommel Horse, Rings, Parallel Bars, High Bar, Uneven Bars, Beam, and Trampoline). All classes end with strength training and conditioning.
- Participants must sign up ahead of time & complete the digital waiver & DHD form.
- Entry allowed 15 minutes before class starts and everyone must leave 15 minutes after class ends.
- Class cards are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- To read our full Safety-First Commitment, please click here.
- If you need to reschedule or cancel your reservation, email FHclasses@chelseapiers.com
- For 12:00pm classes: email by 9:00am to transfer to a different day/time, no fee
- For 7:45pm classes: email by 12:00pm to transfer to a different day/time, no fee After each deadline: no credit or refund available
- All requests must be made in writing. Any requests made after the deadline will not receive any credit or refund.
- If for any reason your class/program is cancelled, delayed or interrupted due to Covid-19 and state/city mandates, etc. we reserve the right to issue prorated CREDITS ONLY. Credits can be applied to any Chelsea Piers New York program through December 31, 2021.
- Class registration will open on Mondays at noon for the next week ahead. Waitlists will not be available.
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm brand new to Gymnastics, will I be able to keep up with the class?
Yes! Our classes frequently have students with no gymnastics experience at all. If you're new to gymnastics, please be sure to talk to the instructor who will give you helpful tips. We're here to help!
How is the class conducted if there are both beginner and advanced gymnasts in the class?
Our coaches may divide the class into separate groups based on skill level, or they may provide drills with progressions so that each individual student is challenged appropriately.
Can I sign up ahead of time?
All Adult Gymnastics Classes require pre-registration. When you arrive, please stop by the Field House check-in tent and sign in. If you are a first-time visitor, you can set up an account ahead of time by clicking here.
Do I need to be a member of Chelsea Piers?
You do not need a membership to come to our Adult Gymnastics Classes. You do need to register an account with us, which you can do online at this link.
What should I wear?
Generic workout / fitness attire is preferred (such as gym shorts & t-shirts). Please do not wear baggy clothes, nor clothes with buttons or zippers. We also ask that you remove all jewelry (necklaces, earrings, watches, etc.) No shoes are allowed during classes; All students must be barefoot.
Is there a locker room I can use?
We have bathrooms, as well as a locker room if you need to change. There are also pay lockers to store your belongings (50 cents/2 quarters). Belongings should not be brought to the gymnastics floor.
Are your class packs refundable?
10 and 20-class packs are non-refundable and non-transferable. Class packs expire 1 year from the purchase date. If you're thinking about purchasing a class pack, we suggest you take one of our classes first! We're confident you'll have a great time.
How old do you need to be to participate in this program?
All participants must be 17 years of age or older to participate in the Chelsea Piers Adult Gymnastics program.
DO I HAVE TO WEAR A MASK DURING CLASS?
Yes, all class participants and coaches and staff members are required to wear face masks at all times.
|1 session||10-Class Card||20-Class Card|
To purchase a class pack, please click on the price listed above.
Class cards are non-transferable and non-refundable.
If you need to reschedule or cancel, you must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline listed in the Class Policies above.
Email us at email@example.com for more information.